As long as scientists fail to define intelligence in a natural way, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is engineering rather than science. It is programmed intelligence rather than an artificial implementation of natural intelligence.
Scientists made a fundamental mistake 60 years ago:
Intelligence and language are natural phenomena. Natural phenomena obey laws of nature. And laws of nature are investigated using (basic or) fundamental science. However, the field of AI and knowledge technology is researched using (behavioral or) cognitive science.
A consequence of this fundamental mistake:
Knowledge technology is based on applying smart algorithms to keywords, by which the natural meaning of non-keywords is ignored. Non-keywords (structure words) provide information to our brain about the structure of the sentence. But by ignoring the natural meaning (natural structure) of non-keywords (structure words), the field of knowledge technology got stuck with “bags of keywords” and unstructured texts.
Moreover, the self-organizing function of for example verb “have” is not described in any scientific paper. As a consequence, there is no technique available to convert a sentence like “Paul is a son of John” in a generic way to “John has a son, called Paul”. It is just the first example of my challenge. If you think it has been done 30 or 40 years ago, you must have misunderstood the meaning of “in a generic way”.
Scientists fail to implement these childishly simple results in a generic way, because they don't understand what natural intelligence is. They are only able to implement specific solutions to specific problems (=engineering), while I am implementing a generic solution (=science).
I am redoing the field of AI and knowledge technology largely from scratch, using fundamental science:
• I have defined intelligence in a natural way;
• I have discovered a relationship between natural intelligence and natural language;
• I am implementing these laws of nature in software, which is published as open source. It is the world's only self-organizing knowledge technology;
• And I defy anyone to beat the simplest results of my natural language reasoner in a generic way.
Thinknowlogy is open source, for the benefit of all
Thinknowlogy is experimental, grammar-based software,
designed to utilize Natural Laws of Intelligence embedded in Grammar,
in order to create intelligence – through natural language – in software,
which is demonstrated by:
• Programming in natural language;
• Reasoning in natural language:
• drawing conclusions (more advanced than scientific solutions),
• making assumptions (with self-adjusting level of uncertainty),
• asking questions (about gaps in the knowledge),
• detecting conflicts and some cases of semantic ambiguity;
• Multilingualism, proving: Natural languages have one common origin.
Despite almost 160 years of research, the theory of evolution still hasn't been supported by concrete evidence regarding to the origin of intelligence and language. Let alone, to the integration of both. According to the biblical world view, God has created laws of nature, including laws of intelligence. Being based on the Natural Laws of Intelligence embedded in Grammar, only Thinknowlogy implements the natural meaning (intelligent function) of words like definite article “the”, conjunction “or”, possessive verb “have” and past tense verbs “were” and “had”. Thinknowlogy has therefore worldwide unique reasoning results.