As long as scientists fail to define intelligence in a natural way, the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and knowledge technology is engineering rather than science.
Scientists made a fundamental mistake 60 years ago:
Intelligence and language are natural phenomena. Natural phenomena obey laws of nature. And laws of nature are investigated using (basic or) fundamental science. However, the field of AI and knowledge technology is researched using (behavioral or) cognitive science.
A consequence of this fundamental mistake:
• AI is programmed intelligence rather than an artificial implementation of natural intelligence;
• Knowledge technology is based on applying smart algorithms to keywords, by which non-keywords are ignored. Non-keywords provide information to our brain about the structure of the sentence. But by ignoring this structure provided by nature, the field of knowledge technology got stuck with “bags of keywords” and unstructured texts.
I am elevating this field from engineering (using artificial structures) to a science (using natural structures embedded in grammar):
• I have defined intelligence in a natural way;
• I have discovered a relationship between natural intelligence and natural language;
• By implementing these Natural Laws of Intelligence embedded in Grammar in software, I am developing the world's only self-organizing knowledge technology;
• And I defy anyone to beat the simplest results of my natural language reasoner in a generic way.
Thinknowlogy is open source software (download)
Thinknowlogy is experimental, grammar-based software,
designed to utilize Natural Laws of Intelligence embedded in Grammar,
in order to create intelligence – through natural language – in software,
which is demonstrated by:
• Programming in natural language;
• Reasoning in natural language:
• drawing conclusions (more advanced than scientific solutions),
• making assumptions (with self-adjusting level of uncertainty),
• asking questions (about gaps in the knowledge),
• detecting conflicts and some cases of semantic ambiguity;
• Multilingualism, proving: Natural languages have one common origin.
Despite almost 160 years of research, the theory of evolution still hasn't been supported by concrete evidence regarding to the origin of intelligence and language. Let alone, to the integration of both. According to the biblical world view, God has created laws of nature, including laws of intelligence. Being based on the Natural Laws of Intelligence embedded in Grammar, only Thinknowlogy implements the natural meaning (intelligent function) of words like definite article “the”, conjunction “or”, possessive verb “has/have” and past tense verbs “was/were” and “had”. Thinknowlogy has therefore worldwide unique reasoning results.