As long as scientists fail to define intelligence in a natural way, the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and knowledge technology is engineering (specific solutions to specific problems) rather than a science (generic solutions).
Scientists made a fundamental mistake 60 years ago:
Intelligence and language are natural phenomena. Natural phenomena obey laws of nature. And laws of nature are investigated using (basic or) fundamental science. However, the field of AI and knowledge technology is researched using (behavioral or) cognitive science.
A consequence of this fundamental mistake:
• AI is programmed intelligence rather than an artificial implementation of natural intelligence;
• In knowledge technology, artificial structures are applied to keywords, while the natural structure of sentences is ignored. By ignoring this structure provided by nature, the field of knowledge technology got stuck in processing of “bags of keywords” and unstructured texts, while scientists fail to define the logical function of even the most basic word types.
I am elevating this field from engineering (using artificial structures) to a science (using natural structures embedded in grammar):
• I have defined intelligence in a natural way;
• I have discovered a relationship between natural intelligence and natural language;
• By implementing these (Natural Laws of) Intelligence embedded in Grammar in software, I am developing the world's only self-organizing knowledge technology;
• And I defy anyone to beat the simplest results of my natural language reasoner in a generic way (=through algorithms).
Thinknowlogy is open source software (download)
Despite centuries of exhaustive research, the theory of evolution still hasn't provided a satisfying explanation for the origin of intelligence and language. Let alone, how both are related. According to the biblical world view, God has created laws of nature, including laws of intelligence. Thinknowlogy is the world's only self-organizing knowledge technology. Being based on the (Natural Laws of) Intelligence embedded in Grammar, only Thinknowlogy implements the natural meaning (intelligent function) of words like definite article “the”, conjunction “or”, possessive verb “has/have” and past tense verbs “was/were” and “had”.
These (Natural Laws of) Intelligence embedded in Grammar are demonstrated by:
• Programming in natural language;
• Reasoning in natural language:
• drawing conclusions (more advanced than scientific solutions),
• making assumptions (with self-adjusting level of uncertainty),
• asking questions (about gaps in the knowledge),
• detecting conflicts and some cases of semantic ambiguity,
• displaying of justification reports for the self-generated knowledge;
• Multilingualism, proving: Natural languages have one common origin.